THE HARTFORD BISHOPS’ FOUNDATION
ASSISTING PARISHES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
APRIL 30, 2020
As many of you know, the suspension of parish life has had a significant impact on thousands of families, students, educators, and staff who are served through the 131 parishes and more than 40 Catholic schools across the region, including our parish family.
In response to this crisis, the Archdiocese of Hartford and The Hartford Bishops’ Foundation – an independent, lay-governed 501(c)(3) partner of the Archdiocese – are actively supporting our parishes during this time of uncertainty with fundraising and communications guidance, financial assistance, and emergency response efforts. Below is a brief summary of the three initiatives being led by The Hartford Bishops’ Foundation that are now underway:
- An Offertory Restoration Initiative – Parishes are receiving help and support from Changing Our World, a philanthropic consulting company. Services are helping to set up online giving, social media outreach, and offertory programs.
- A “Support Your Parish” Campaign, which invites everyone to make a special gift to their parish to help make up for lost offertory. Through this “special gifts” campaign, everyone is encouraged to do what they can to help their parish. Gifts may be made directly to the parish or through the HBF website.
- HBF has established an Emergency Response Fund (ERF) to gather and distribute emergency funds in support of the operational needs of Catholic parishes, schools, and ministries in response to the pandemic. These funds will be disbursed based on need, the availability of funds, and each parish’s efforts to raise funds from parishioners. The Foundation is currently securing funds for the ERF as quickly as possible and will inform Pastors once the grant cycle opens and how parishes can apply.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
As we navigate our way through these challenging times together, please prayerfully consider supporting our parish in the following ways:
1. Stay connected by viewing our live stream Masses, reading our parish bulletin, and praying for all those affected by COVID-19.
2. Support us however you can through online giving, mailing envelopes to the parish office, or through the “Support Your Parish” Fund on The Hartford Bishops’ Foundation website.
3. Consider a special gift to support the greatest needs of our Archdiocese and its parishes by contributing to the Emergency Response Fund.
For more information about The Hartford Bishops’ Foundation, please visit: https://www.hartfordbishopsfoundation.org
Please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-913-2693 for more information about these initiatives.